The Northern Territory Government is seeking applications for funding available to support a range of school holiday activities to engage and support young people, in particular those young people at risk in Katherine aged 10 to 17 years.
This funding opportunity is a part of a larger commitment by the Department of the Chief Minister and Territory Families to support regional and urban communities in their provision and development of youth programs.
Funding is available for each school holiday period and applications are reviewed by a community led panel, with recommendations made to the Northern Territory Government for funding.
Eligible applicants can apply for grants for programs and events to be delivered during the school holiday periods.
Grants between $100 and $15 000 are available to fund accessible and free group activities that bring young people together, make connections to existing support services and are youth informed and safe.
The dates for the Septeber/October 2022 School Holidays are the 26th September 2022 to the 7th October 2022.
For any specific enquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact Anthony Busch, Katherine Regional Youth Programs Coordinator on email@example.com or 8973 8500 or 0409 877 632.
Who can apply
Funding is available to organisations only.
To be eligible for funding an organisation must
- be physically located and actively operating in the NT
- have met acquittal requirements for all previous funding (this grant) and complied with all other accountability requirements
- have met acquittal requirements for previous grants from this department and complied with all other accountability requirements
- have met acquittal requirements for all previous Northern Territory Government grants and complied with all other accountability requirements
- have completed all required information in the application form and submitted required documentation in support of your application
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have public liability insurance of at least $20 million
Who can’t apply
To be eligible for funding an organisation must not
- have outstanding acquittals and or other accountability requirements (NTG grants)
What can’t be funded
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis however generally requests for the following may not be supported:
· A specific activity that is already funded from other sources.
· Activities that may benefit organisations/individuals outside of the Northern Territory over and above the benefits for young people of the Northern Territory.
· Payment of membership or registration fees, including working with children checks.
· Profit-making activities, fundraising or charitable activities not directly benefitting young people of the Northern Territory.
· Programs that are political or discriminatory against others, based on their gender, sexuality, status, culture or religion and ability.