Position: Office Manager
Level: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 Level 3 (Pay point to be determined based on qualifications and experience), 6 weeks annual leave, plus leave loading, superannuation, and salary sacrifice
Position Reports to: Program Manager, or as directed by the CEO
Location: The Gap Youth and Community Centre, 91 – 93 Gap Road, The Gap, Alice Springs NT 0870
Hours: Full-time fixed term 38 hours per week
Last Review: 17 February 2023
Eligibility: Indigenous applicants strongly encouraged to apply
About the Gap Youth and Community Centre
The Gap Youth and Community Centre Aboriginal Corporation (GYCC), a not-for-profit community-based organisation, has been providing assistance and support to at-risk children, young people, their families and their communities in Alice Springs since 1977. As a multi-service organisation funded by Territory and Federal government, the GYCC provides a range of support programs and activities to assist and empower young people to make positive choices and decisions for their future.
For 45 years, the GYCC has been providing support and assistance to children and young people based on individual need including assistance with educational engagement, housing and homelessness, vocational training, employment assistance, crime prevention & intervention, information, referral, advocacy, practical assistance, drop-in, and recreational activities.
The Office Manager coordinates the administration of the organisation and will provide high quality and efficient administrative, human resources and financial support to the CEO and the management team. The position is responsible for front office reception and as the first point of contact for the organisation, it is vital to greet our clients and visitors in a welcoming and culturally safe way.
The successful applicant will have well-developed organisational, financial, human resources and administrative support skills, including a high level of attention to detail, be highly organised and self-motivated and the ability to successfully liaise with staff of all levels and deal sensitively with clients and stakeholders.
- Provide high level administrative support to the CEO and management team.
- Undertake day to day management of all administrative activities including general reception duties, collection and sorting of mail for distribution, including maintaining the incoming and outgoing mail registers, providing telephone and face to face client services that includes receiving and screening of all contacts to effectively refer to the appropriate program within the organisation.
- Provide finance duties including assisting with accounts payable and receivable, and preparations for payroll.
- Provide finance and administration support to the Outside Of School Hours and Vacation Care program, including liaison with parents/carers, inputting of data, and processing of fees and childcare subsidy payments.
- Provide Human Resource support to the CEO as directed, including assisting with the induction of new staff.
- Maintenance of office supplies and office equipment, including updating and modifying existing organisational records and registers.
- Oversee the maintenance of the vehicle fleet and building infrastructure, including arranging for necessary repairs and licenses as required.
- Archiving and file management.
- Maintain a professional and welcoming working environment.
- Maintain COVID safe protocols for the office as required by law.
- Other tasks as reasonably directed.
Work Health and Safety:
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and for the health and safety of others in the workplace.
- Work in accordance with the organisation’s Health and Safety Handbook, WHS policy, the WHS Act, Regulations and Code of Practices.
- Ensure reporting of WHS non-conformances or incidents/injuries
Values and Behaviours:
- Conduct all work in line with Gap values of Social Justice.
- Apply strict confidentiality practices and guidelines to all client information.
- Demonstrated experience in effective administration responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in finance activities and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
- Sound judgment and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, proven problem-solving skills and the ability to develop and implement workflow systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive information and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience using the Microsoft Office applications and a good understanding of general office technology.
- A creative mind with an ability to contribute ideas and demonstrate initiative and flexibility.
- Hold a current NT drivers’ licence.
- A tertiary qualification in Business Administration or related fields or equivalent experience.
- An understanding of the current issues facing Aboriginal people and sensitivity to their history and culture.
- Ability to speak a local Aboriginal language
Employment with Gap is conditional on the employee providing:
- NT Working with Children Check (Ochre Card).
- Satisfactory Criminal History Check.
- Persons considered for a position with GYCC may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical examination and drug screen to determine fitness to perform nominated duties.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Please include a one-page cover letter, response to the selection criteria, your current CV and 3 contactable referees.
Applications will remain open until a suitable applicant is appointed.
Authorised By: Jen Standish-White 17 February 2023
Jen Standish-White – CEO of The Gap Youth and Community Centre Aboriginal Corporation