2024 NT Youth Week runs from April 6 – 17, with up to $2,000 available to support providers facilitating events and programs that:
- Offer opportunities for young Territorians (12 to 25 years) to voice their ideas, address concerns, and take action on issues affecting their lives.
- Promote youth development and leadership skills
- Encourage the broader community to actively listen to and celebrate the positive contributions made by young people in their local communities.
- Promote a community-wide focus on issues that matter to young people.
- Ensure that all activities are accessible to a diverse range of young individuals, including those in regional and rural areas, with disabilities, at risk of homelessness, of Aboriginal heritage, from culturally diverse backgrounds, unemployed, and in care.
The Office of Youth Affairs supports event and program providers by connecting them with NT Youth Week Ambassadors for collaboration and consultation opportunities, as well as promotion of events, including social media, School Holiday Calendars, merchandise, posters, and other promotional channels.
2024 NT Youth Week Grant applications close Thursday 30 November.
For more information, visit grantsnt.nt.gov.au or contact the Office of Youth Affairs on 08 8999 5312